Molly and Matt | Evergreen Colorado Engagement and Wedding Photographer Flying J Ranch
Oh, you guys. This couple is truly an unbelievably perfect match! We just love meeting awesome folks through our amazing friends at Prive Events, and Molly and Matt certainly were one of those couples. From the first time I chatted with Molly, we clicked. I’m not normally a spazz case, but the morning we were supposed to chat, I was rushing Mike to the hostpital for what we hoped was just a stomach ache. Little did we know, that we were just about to find out that Mike was going in for an emergency appendectomy. Honestly, hearing Molly’s voice and hearing her crack jokes on the other line was truly a relief from the craze at the hospital. I learned quickly that she and Matt were a perfect match, and that I wanted to be a part of their wedding day. I honestly ran into Mike’s waiting room after I got of the phone with her to tell him what an awesome couple they were and that I hoped they’d want to have us at their wedding!
Molly and Matt met at a running club (which is really everyone’s goal when they join a running club, right?) and that their first date was at a winery, which also happened to be where Matt proposed (people after my own heart). When we finally met them for their engagement shoot a couple weeks ago, we immediately hit it off and had a blast climbing rocks, hiking through the trees, and braving the cold that morning. We are SO excited for their Deer Creek Valley Ranch wedding this summer and can’t wait until they visit Colorado again from Texas. Molly and Matt, you guys are incredible and we are so thrilled and honored to be a part of your big day! Thank you for inviting us into your lives to document this time.
Mike and Tay
• How did you two meet? “Matt and I met in a local running club. We were training for a marathon and both in the same pace group. A few weeks in, I moved to a faster group–I had to ask for his phone number so we could still keep in contact. From then, the chase was on!”
• Tell us about your first date! “Our first date was to a winery-Times Ten Cellars. It was terrible weather that night-the truck slipped on ice patches a few times. We listened to live jazz music and had good conversations over wine and pizza.”
• How did Matt propose? “Matt actually proposed at the same winery we had our first date, Times Ten Cellars. We had come on a Sunday to listen to the jazz music, drink wine and eat pizza. Matt made an excuse that he forgot his wallet in the truck. When he came back in, we asked our server if we could tour the back tank room which was where they produced the wine. We were looking around by ourselves and I turned around and Matt was on one knee with a ring!”
• What’s one fun quirk you love about each other? Molly : “I love how when Matt is concentrating on something really hard, he sticks his tongue out to the side and scrunches his face. Matt loves the way Molly sometimes snorts when she laughs.”
• What are you most looking forward to on your wedding day? “I am looking forward to walking down the isle to Matt so we can spend our forever lives together. Matt is excited to be celebrating with family and friends.”
• What’s been the most fun part of wedding planning? “I love coming up with my own ideas and showcasing my personality. Getting married out of state lets me be creative and have some fun! I also love planning the small details from my hair piece down to my shoes. Matt’s favorite part was the dessert and food course tastings.”