Alex and Matt | Kenosha Pass Colorado Fall Engagement Photographer
If you’ve lived in Colorado of any longer than six months, odds are you’ve heard of Kenosha Pass and how majestic it is in the fall. Folks from all over the state and country come to see this amazing place during the months of September and October (we call them fall peepers). The beauty there is totally undeniable and needless to say, I was absolutely thrilled when Alex and Matt were on board for doing their fall engagement shoot there! This place holds a special place in my own heart, as it was one of the few drives that I remembered the first time I drove through Colorado nearly ten years ago, and it fit this wonderful couple’s adventurous sprits perfectly! From the first time I met Alex and Matt, I knew their wedding was one I wanted to be apart of. Their connection and our shared story of meeting the love of our life online was so awesome. I loved hearing their story of how they met, where they came from in their walks of life, and how Matt proposed. Their fall wedding next year at the Pines at Genesee has me so giddy and excited, I can hardly wait! Congratulations to you two and thank you so much for having me be a part of this magical time in your lives!
• How did you two meet? “Matt and I meet on eHarmony, the best part is we have lived within 20 minutes of each our whole lives we share common places of interest growing up.”
• Tell us about your first date! “As far our first date goes we went to a place in the DTC landmark area, for drinks after a long day of work for both of us. conversation was okay but I (Alex) felt like Matt didn’t like me because he wouldn’t keep eye contact long, he kept looking above my head. I later discovered he did this because behind me an NBA playoff game was playing. Needless to say I was shocked when he asked me to join him on a second date. it’s all history from there. ”
• When did you know you wanted to marry each other? “We realized we wanted to get married when we could just sit around and enjoy each others company, learning to take pleasure in the simple things and not need to do anything fancy. We became comfortable enough with each other to share and talk about our faith, goals, aspirations in addition to passionately yelling at the TV during CSU and Vikings games.”
• What has been the most fun element of wedding planning? “So far it has been picking the venue.”
• How did Matt propose? “We ventured up to Fort Collins for the day to enjoy the city of Fort Collins and a CSU basketball game. After the game we enjoyed some burgers and beers and than headed to the home we share where Matt had set up a surprised, were I could see the ring, candles, and a collage of photos form the previous two years of us dating.”
• What are you most looking forward to on your wedding day? “Getting to pronounce our love to each other in front of friends of family as well as party the night away and Duh, the Honeymoon!”