Buena Vista Colorado Senior Portraits Photographer at Mount Princeton
I’m so excited to share Kailey’s Buena Vista Colorado senior portraits with y’all today! Kailey lives just outside of Denver, but her family has lived in Chaffee County for a long time. So, it was no surprise that this gal decided that for her senior portraits, she wanted to be unique and head to one of the prettiest places in Colorado (totally not biased, can you tell?)
From the first time I chatted with her mama, I knew they were a family I wanted to work with. After a mutual photographer friend of ours put us in touch, we had a chance to do some brainstorming. Kailey’s love for the mountains, river, outdoors, and her passion for sports was so exciting to hear about. It was easy to find locations in the valley that were perfect. Simply driving around we’d pull over for a middle of the road shot or for wildflowers.
I’m not ashamed to say I try to talk every person I meet into moving here, including Kailey, which didn’t take much convincing. After college, she said she plans on eventually moving to the valley.
While we were together, I got to hear all about her dreams for college. With intentions of getting a softball scholarship, her options sound unlimited, with the whole world in front of her! From New York, to Minnesota, to Idaho, this gal is going to do amazing things wherever she ends up. Thank you so much for having me be a part of this exciting time with you and congratulations on your senior year!
Vail Colorado Mountain Wedding at the Donovan Pavilion
Mike and Taylor
How did Jake propose?
Tell us about your first look! Having done one, would you do it again?
How did you guys choose The Donovan Pavillon for your Vail Colorado mountain wedding venue?
How did the two of you meet?
Tell us about your most memorable moment from your wedding day.
Do you have any advice for couples planning their wedding now?
Deer Creek Valley Ranch Wedding
Today is so exciting because we are elated to be sharing Molly and Matt’s Deer Creek Valley Ranch wedding with y’all today. Just barely three weeks after their wedding, everyone is still on cloud 9 with all the emotion and love felt between these two. The first time we met Molly and Matt was over the phone after our sweet friends at Prive Events introduced us. Since we weren’t sure when we’d meeting in person, we immediately jumped on the opportunity to shoot their engagement session during a quick trip from Texas.
As the snow came down, we got to hear all about their story, how they met, what they do for work, and how Matt proposed. After meeting in a running group training for the Dallas Marathon, these two hit it off immediately. Their first date was at a wine cellar in Texas, which is also the exact place Matt decided to propose.
This wedding as truly an honor for us to be apart of. Thank you so much to the amazing vendors who made this day simply magical. Thank you to the new Mr. & Mrs. Ockerman for having us document these memories for you. Love you guys!
Mike and Taylor
Tell us about your first look at Deer Creek Valley Ranch! Having done one, would you do it again?
How did you guys choose Deer Creek Valley Ranch for your wedding venue?
If you could pick one word to describe your wedding ceremony at Deer Creek Valley Ranch, what would it be?
What is your most memorable moment from your wedding day?
In regards to your new adventure in marriage, what are you most looking forward to?
What has been the most fun part of wedding planning for you?
Do you have any advice for couples planning their wedding now?
Let’s talk honeymoon! Are you going on one?
Venue : Deer Creek Valley Ranch
Wedding Planner : Brittany Tolibas with Prive Events Design
Cake and Dessert Bar : Jenny Mears with Fluffed and Frosted
Catering : Katie Quinn with Occasions Catering
Bar : Peak Beverage
DJ : Complete DJ
Flowers : Lauren Garza with Flora & Fauna in TX
Makeup : Ally Triolo
Hair : Amanda Dinkle with Elegance by Design
Officiant : Brides Uncle Bill Hagen
Rental : Event Rents
Once in a blue moon, a couple we meet will book us before they even have their date, venue, or town for their wedding picked out. For Brandee and Austen, this was totally the case! We were so excited to get to be a part of their wedding planning process. Since this sweet couple was not only planning an out of state wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, they were also planning to move back to Colorado and start med school in the same week! Talk about a crazy couple of days! It was awesome getting to brainstorm wedding ideas, venue locations, and the overall intimate feeling they wanted for their mountain wedding at Windy Point on Lake Dillon. Mr. & Mrs. Anderson, thank you so much for having us be apart of your truly incredible wedding day. We are so excited to have met you and can’t wait to see what adventures you embark on in your marriage!
Mike and Taylor
Band : Wash Park Funk Band
Catering : Moe’s Original BBQ
Centerpiece Flowers : Petal and Bean
Personal Flowers / Cupcakes : City Market
Rental : Colorado Tents and Events
Venue : Windy Point Campground
Wedding Planner : Piece of Cake Wedding and Events
Nick and Carla Bobak | Top of the Pines Ridgeway and Beaumont Hotel Ouray Colorado Wedding Photographer
Adventurous couples make our hearts sing! We live for adventure in our own lives, and work to incorporate it into our photography as often as possible (and as long as our couples are up for letting us push them). When we first met Nick and Carla, we knew a friendship was starting. Their love for adventure motorcycle riding, sunrise hikes, exploring new areas, all paired with the adventurous sprits that lead them to move to Ouray, Colorado from Florida…well, let’s just say that they had us at “Hello”. We were so excited to not only be apart of their wedding day as photographers, but to also get to witness their marriage beginning with their closest friends and family at one of the most stunning places in Colorado, Top of the Pines in Ridgeway, Colorado. Their Beaumont Hotel reception felt like a tiny hideaway in the Switzerland of America and the love that surrounded them was amazing to see. We’re so excited to share their wedding day with y’all! Nick and Carla, we are so thrilled for the two of you and we can’t wait to hear all about your honeymoon motorcycle trip!
Mike and Tay
Ceremony Venue :: Top of the Pines, Ridgeway, Colorado
Reception Venue :: The Beaumont Hotel, Ouray, Colorado
Flowers :: Prive Events Design, Denver, Colorado
Day of Coordination :: Prive Events Design, Denver, Colorado
Hair and Makeup :: H&Co. A Luxe Salon, Buena Vista, Colorado
Caterer :: Provisions at the Barber Shop
Party Rentals :: Park Avenue Parties
DJ :: BJ the DJ of Goofballs Party Store
Returning to your childhood stomping grounds is always a nostalgic experience. However, when you return with your soon-to-be husband, family, and friends for your wedding day, it’s an even more incredible day! Lilly and Tim had one of the most memorable and sincere weddings at her folks ranch in Crawford, Colorado. After their beautiful ceremony at The Lodge at Needle Rock, everyone headed down the dirt road to her parents house where we all celebrated this amazing couples marriage. It was truly an honor to be a part of this time with you both, Lilly and Tim. Thank you so much for having us be there with you to document your awesome wedding day!
Mike and Tay
Lilly: “Sharing our personal vows with each other that we had written.”
Tim: “Proposing to Lilly.”
Oh, you guys, I’m so excited to share this engagement shoot with you! From the first time we chatted with Lauren and Trent, we were super excited about their big day and vision for their wedding. Planning a wedding at home is no easy feat, but that’s exactly what these two are doing as they plan to marry on their property in Fort Morgan, Colorado next summer! Since they’re having their ranch wedding, they wanted to head to the mountains for their engagement shoot. So to Breckenridge we went! It was so great spending an evening getting to know these two, hear their story, and watch their personalities come through in their images. We can’t wait for their big day next summer!
Cheers, Tay and Mike
It’s always an honor to be a part of someone’s wedding day. We get to play an intimate role that we don’t take lightly. When our cousin, Brenda, and her husband Caleb asked if we would prefer to shoot their wedding day or be a guest, we immediately opted to shoot! There’s the obvious reason, of course: we love shooting! And then there’s the not so obvious reason, which we explained to Brenda and Caleb. As photographers, we play one of the closest and most personal positions on your wedding day. We spend all day with you, your friends, and your family as you get ready. We take car rides with you to your first look, take part in the intimate moment of you seeing each other for the first time, watch as you say your vows, and sweep you away throughout the night for photos. We seriously love this role and would be super bummed if we had only spent a fraction of the time with these two on their wedding day! We’re so thankful to have been a part of this truly wonderful day with family and friends! Thank you two so much for having us be there with you.
Mike and Tay
Meeting our couples for the first time at their engagement shoot is always an exciting and nervous time. However, from the second Allison and Matt got out of their car, I knew we were meant to be a part of each others lives during this time! We immediately hit it off while we chatted about fishing, first time home buying, wedding planning, and their love story. Their ease in front of the camera and undeniable connection to each other was refreshing and relaxing to witness behind the lens. As a photographer, no one tells you that your job is easiest when a couple truly loves each other and has a sincere connection. These two nailed it and their happiness eeeks out of their engagement images! Allison and Matt, thank you so much for having us be a part of this awesome time for y’all! We can’t wait for your fall wedding later this year.
Starting out our 2017 wedding season couldn’t have gone more perfectly, mainly because we got to spend it with this amazing couple, their families, and friends! When we first met Elizabeth and Jared over coffee last year, we knew they were interviewing a handful of other photographers and prayed that they’d want us to be the ones to share their wedding day with them. Needless to say, we were elated when we got the phone call with the invitation to document their engagement season and their wedding day! The love that these two share and their story from childhood, is all too endearing, heart-throbbing, and beautiful. Elizabeth and Jared, we are truly honored you asked us to be a part of this time with you. We are so excited for our friendship and to watch you grow in your marriage! Congratulations to you both, we love you!
Mike and Tay
• How did the two of you meet? Elizabeth : “Jared and I met in high school. He played varsity lacrosse, and I was the water girl with one of my high school best friends. She and I decided to volunteer for the team because we had both done the spring musical together, and we wanted another after school activity we could do once the musical had ended. Jared had to sit out of practice one day because he was injured, and I happened to be sitting on the sidelines that day too. My friend wasn’t there yet, so Jared struck up a conversation with me, and we clicked right away. We started hanging out, we became close friends, and eventually we started dating.”
• Jared, how did you propose? “I was visiting from work in Utah for Thanksgiving break, and I told Elizabeth that I wanted to have a date night on Friday night since I don’t come town often, and I wanted some time for the two of us. I didn’t tell her any other parts of the plan other than we were going out. Behind the scenes though earlier in the week, I had already asked both her parents for her hand in marriage. I also had already hired a photographer to meet at the Denver Botanic Gardens – Blossom of Lights. On the night of our date, I took her to Capital Grille, the place where we had our first anniversary dinner, about 7 1/2 years ago. After dinner, I casually mentioned that we should maybe check out the Blossom of Lights since it was the opening night. She resisted because it was just starting to snow and said she would rather go home and watch a movie, but I insisted that we be spontaneous and continue the evening. Little did she know, a photographer and engagement awaited us. About half way through the Blossom of Lights tour, there was an intimate spot next to a gazebo. I pulled her aside over to this spot, got down on one knee, and asked her to marry me.”
• Tell us about your first look! Having done it, would you do it again? Elizabeth: “Our first look was incredible! I tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around, and it was a surreal feeling as we spent that quiet moment together seeing each other for the first time right before our ceremony. It made all of my nerves go away and everything was perfect. He was so darn handsome too! We would definitely do it again!”
• What inspired the epic “Usher” usher? “We knew from the beginning that we wanted our wedding to fit who we are – classic, romantic, and goofy! Having “Usher” be our usher seemed liked a quirky touch that would reflect our goofiness and would make our guests laugh from the beginning.”
• How did you guys choose the Highlands Ranch Mansion for your wedding venue? Elizabeth: “I found out about it in one of my classes, and I even included it in an event plan of mine for a class project. We toured a few other venues, but when we walked away from the Highlands Ranch Mansion, we knew that it was the perfect venue for us.”
• What was your most memorable moment from your wedding day? “Exchanging our vows was by far the most memorable moment. Being announced as husband and wife was also such an exciting moment!”
• What was the most fun part of wedding planning for you? Jared: “Food tastings and building our wedding arbor.”
Elizabeth: “The most fun part of wedding planning was choosing our music, practicing our first dance, and planning our ceremony. I also loved how much time I got to spend with my parents and sister throughout the whole process. It brought us all closer together, and I so appreciated all the help and advice they gave me. Even though it was stressful at times, we would do it all over again!”
• What advice do you have for couples planning their wedding now? “Don’t stress over the little things. You don’t notice them on your big day, and neither do your guests. They are there for you… and not for the color of your chairs. If you find yourself stressed, remember the reason why you are planning a wedding – to get married to the love of your life! Treasure each moment with your fiancé and with your friends and family that surround you at each step of the way. Oh and choose your Pinterest projects wisely…”