Alissa and Alex | Westcliffe Colorado Rocky Mountain Engagement and Wedding Photographer
Oh, you guys. I wish we could share the sounds of laughter through Alissa and Alex’s photos! From the moment we chatted with these two over the phone, we knew we were going to have an awesome time getting to know them and shooting their wedding this fall in Westcliffe, Colorado. These two met while in the Air Force a few years ago, but it wasn’t until recently that they started pursuing each other and with a whirlwind of a couple of days this summer, decided to plan their Colorado wedding for October! We met Alissa and Alex at her parents stunning ranch in Westcliffe for their sunrise shoot over the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. Needless to say, it was breathtaking (and we admittedly got a little “ranch envy”). We are so thrilled for these two and their awesome journey to each other and can’t wait to celebrate with them on their wedding day in a few weeks!
Congratulations, you two! Thank you so much for having us be a part of it all with you!
• Tell us about how you two met? “Alex and I met briefly at Moody AFB in GA a couple years ago but didn’t stay in touch. We remet at the Nellis AFB officers club while we were both attending weapons school. His friend pointed us out to each other.”
• How did Alex propose? “The first time? After a few to many drinks down on one knee with no ring haha. The second time was after we were already married on our back porch watching a great thunderstorm in the pouring rain at night. He had a list of the 21 reasons we should be wed and my ring.”
• What are you most excited about for your wedding day? “The party!! We can’t wait to celebrate our new life together with our family and friends.”
• When did you know you wanted to marry each other? “We became instant best friends and after only a few times hanging out we both just knew that this was the person we were each meant to be with for the rest of our lives. Neither of us had ever been so certain about something.”
• Alissa, what is your favorite quirk about Alex? “Alex loves to have his back scratched. He’ll lean his back or shoulder in my direction for it. I love it haha.”
• Alex, what is your favorite quirk about Alissa? “When I lean in to kiss Alissa in the truck she always licks her lips, it’s really cute. Actually, she does that almost all the time before I kiss her.”